Call for Papers
1-2 December 2022, University College London
The P2P Financial Systems Workshop (P2PFISY) is a cutting-edge international event which dates back to the year 2015 when it was kicked off at the Deutsche Bundesbank by Paolo Tasca. It is an international workshop bringing together industry leaders, regulators and scholars interested in Peer-to-Peer (P2P) and decentralised financial systems to share their experiences, research and policy analyses. P2PFISY is widely regarded as the premier Workshop for future of finance discussions and attended by top academics, central bankers and practitioners. Over the years, it has also been hosted by prestigious institutions, including the Federal Reserve Bank and the European Central Bank. This 8th edition of P2PFISY will take place in person at University College London, in the United Kingdom on 1-2 December 2022.
Objective of the workshop
The P2PFISY 2022 will focus on Decentralised Emerging Digital Technologies and their impact on:
- Alternative Monetary Instruments
- ESG investing
- Financial Stability
Regulators, academics and practitioners will have the opportunity to better understand this financial decentralisation phenomenon and to identify possible future developments and dynamics that will ensure an innovative, integrated and developed landscape in Europe and around the world.
The workshop organisers invite authors – whether from academia, public institutions (including central banks), special interest groups or the private sector – to submit policy-oriented, theoretical and/or empirical papers. These papers should be original contributions and clearly focus on decentralised emerging digital technologies covering at least one of the following themes:
- Theme 1: DeFi
Decentralized Finance (DeFi) is transforming the landscape of financial systems. The advent of decentralized ledgers is giving rise to an array of new possibilities, but rigorous scrutiny is still scarce. We welcome contributions pertaining to:
- DeFi and their integration with the traditional financial system
- DeFi regulation and compliance
- DeFi governance and the illusion of decentralisation
- DeFi’s effects on liquidity
- DeFi and financial inclusion
- DeFi ecosystem (lending protocols, automated market makers, yield farming protocols)
- Tokenization of assets, cash flows, equity and debt; hybrid and Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs)
- Theme 2: Stablecoins and Financial Stability
Pegged digital currencies and their impact on macro financial stability have moved to the centre of public discussion since the default events in early 2022. Submissions should focus on:
- Collateralised and algorithmic stablecoins.
- Stablecoins and risks to financial stability.
- Emerging trends in stablecoins.
- CBDCs and stablecoins.
- Interoperability for stablecoins
- Architecture models for stablecoin implementations
- Stablecoin ontologies
- Theme 3: ESG in Digital Finance and Emerging Digital Technologies
The Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) perspective is gaining traction as the world moves from shareholder capitalism to stakeholder capitalism. Submissions should focus on:
- Cryptocurrency decarbonisation.
- Digital assets towards net zero.
- Environmental regulation of digital assets.
- Energy consumption and carbon footprint of digital finance.
- P2P energy trading and carbon trading.
- Smart cities and blockchain.
- Sustainable investment, green portfolios and emerging digital assets.
- Ethical sourcing and blockchain.
Each submission should include an abstract, as well as the name and email address of a nominated author who will present the paper at the workshop. The abstracts of around 1,000 words (and preferably the completed papers) should be in English. Any mention of the authors’ names or affiliations should be removed from the submitted paper. Submitted papers will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee of the P2P Financial Systems workshop. Extended abstract/Papers should be submitted in PDF format through the EasyChair P2PFISY 2022 Call For Papers.
Selection process and workshop participation
The workshop’s Scientific Committee will blindly review all abstracts/papers submitted by the deadline in terms of their quality, their policy relevance and the potential level of interest, while ensuring an overall balance of topics, stakeholder interests and approaches. By submitting their papers, authors also agree to revise them based on the discussion at the conference and to allow them to be published on the conference website.
- Submission deadline for abstracts/papers: 30 September 2022
- Notification of acceptance/rejection: 31 October 2022.
The workshop will take place on 1-2 December 2022. To attend, please register on the P2PFISY 2022 Eventbrite page.
For any question, please write to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.